The University of São Paolo values interdisciplinary studies and has developed a special relationship with the ENS de Lyon, covering both research and training.
Cooperation with the University of São Paolo (USP) began in 2010 with the Faculty of Philosophy, Languages and Literature, and Human Sciences, followed by an agreement with the Faculty of Biochemistry in 2013.
The partnership was launched as part of efforts by the Alliance internationale de l’Université de Lyon to develop multilateral collaborations.
- International conferences and seminars
- Workshops, initiated by researchers at the ENS de Lyon and USP or by PALSE UdL
- Visiting professorships
- Summer schools bringing together researchers and young doctoral candidates
- Joint research projects (FAPESP)
- Student exchanges (courses and internships), including of students recruited via Brazil’s nationwide “Science without Borders” scholarship program
- Main themes: philosophy, literature, chemistry, biology, urban development (IMU Labex), biosciences (Ecofect Labex), mathematics (MILYON Labex), museology (role and integration of museums within universities)
Perspectives for further cooperation include boosting doctoral training via summer schools bringing together researchers and young PhD candidates.
A seed fund for Franco-Brazilian research projects (selected through a call for projects), supported by PALSE UdL, will allow for further developments across various disciplines.
Another objective is to have more Brazilian students join the ENS de Lyon.