In 2002, France’s ENS group signed a cooperation agreement with East China Normal University (ECNU) creating a training course from Master’s to PhD (PROSFER). This agreement was renewed for five years in November 2014. From 2010, the ENS de Lyon decided to strengthen this partnership by adding a component of research. The JoRISS research platform, in partnership with France’s National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) was launched. It is currently the only interdisciplinary Franco-Chinese platform.
These research collaborations intensified and created in 2011 a joint international unit, E2P2L, bringing together the company Solvay and several academic partners: CNRS, ENS de Lyon, ECNU, Fudan.
To encourage cooperation with companies, the ENS de Lyon has set up a “Business Club’ in Shanghai (JoRISS Club). The offices of JoRISS at ECNU, in the same building as those of UdL, demonstrate the strength of the scientific ties between the Rhône-Alpes Region and the Shanghai Municipality.
The results of this rather unique program blending training and research are remarkable and we hope to carry them further.
- 46 researchers and lecturers from Lyon have taught in Shanghai
- 47 doctoral students at ECNU have studied in Lyon (23 theses defended, of which 10 were part of JoRISS projects, and two dozen theses underway)
- More than 30 co-publications
- 5 calls for JoRISS projects
- 14 research projects supported by the JoRISS platform
- ECNU: 1st partner in Asia for the ENS de Lyon in terms of co-publications (WoS 2010-2015)
biology, chemistry, history, philosophy, physics, sociology, education and computer science.